Throwing people from airships is aof but in .
- -- Giffard's Guide to Airship Handling
Ever since 1784 when Jean-Pierre_Blanchard attached a propeller to a balloon (complete with death ray, subsequently laying waste to great stretches of land outside Paris), Europans have led the way in airship design, use, and Sparkiness. Over a century later, the Europa of Girl Genius is home to the largest airship city in the world as well as the premier construction yard in Stockholm. This has led to the creation of several fleets of airships, crewed by airshipmen from all parts of the world. These fine individuals have developed, over the generations, ways to get along (no matter what their masters, Spark or Royalty, might try):
- When you see a fire down below, notify the townspeople. 
- This is a sacred duty (people with burning homes that know about it have important things to do while people with burned-out homes tend to follow the airships they blame and everyone's gotta land sometime).
- If you'd live to see the end of day, from Mechanicsburg two leagues stay.
- It's always a good idea to pay attention to the Captain.
- The Kraddok Corollary: It's always a good idea to pay attention to those folks who've managed to cheat entropy the longest.
- Don't mess about in the wheelhouse. 
- Control of the airship is of highest importance. Plus, it's just too easy to become a beta tester for .