Possible interpretations Edit
Highly likely to be irrelevant outside information Edit
Cheyenne Wright has produced a fake game cover for Grand Theft Airship with a subject of "GTA 1820". However, a year of 1820 with Gil present doesn't fit reasonably into the chronology. But what about one of the Wulfenbach thirdlets?
Unreliable Evidence Edit
The following Klaus studying Agatha's locket, with a book titled "Travel Journal 15 1880-1882" on the table next to him, along with a glass of wine. Of course, such sketches are non-canonical, but the sketch does suggest the 1872 date rather than the 1972 date as a starting point.on the Daily Sketch section of the Girl Genius site shows
- That's highly likely to be Agatha's locket, but it could easily be any other nostalgic photo Klaus owes (e.g. of his wife). --DryBrook 21:55, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oddly, 1880-1882 would put Journal #15 well after the Heterodyne Boys had 'disappeared', well after Klaus had returned to Europa -- sometime during his consolidation of the Empire. Is that Klaus's journal? It could be Barry's journal from the years during which he was creating Agatha's Locket. Certainly, Klaus would have found such a journal useful when rebuilding Agatha's Locket prior to Sturmhalten. How would Klaus have acquired Barry's journal? :-) --DryBrook 21:55, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- He got it from Professor Beatle's Lab.
- The strongest suggestion that the date of Klaus Barry's death is 1872 is that Kaja defines Gaslamp Fantasy as being "victorian mad science". The Victorian Era is late 1800's. --Rej¿¤¤? 23:26, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- It may well have been as early as June, 1837 and could have started anytime between then and 1901...all things being equal. After 1901 we are into the Edwardian Era and the makings of WWI. Billy Catringer 22:52, August 3, 2010 (UTC)