Jägergenerals are the mature form of common Jägers; this usually takes hundreds of years, and most Jägers die before reaching it. Though almost all Jägergenerals possess unique physical characteristics, the most important difference between a Jäger and a Jägergeneral is that a Jägergeneral is no longer driven to fight as a Jäger is, but only fights when they choose to, and can thus fight rationally enough to lead others in combat. In Dimo's case, his experiences as a "wild" Jäger have matured him enough to make him a de facto Jägergeneral far, far ahead of his time.
The trio on the Castle are, at 600-700 years old, the oldest Jägerkin known to date which, thanks to experiments conducted on experimental test subject Vole, explain why they are a good bit larger and seem somewhat less human in appearance than other Jägers. Then again we have no idea how old Da Boyz are, or even if the group who first drank the Jägerdrought were the only group to do that, and time might not alter every Jäger in a similar way. They also seem much more perceptive than your average Wulfenbach-Jäger, and have a grasp of both historical issues and the broader picture, undoubtedly making them excellent allies for Baron Wulfenbach. Despite their higher level of intelligence, they have been known to express their professional disagreements about matters of military policy in rather...physical terms.
Although the three on Castle Wulfenbach are among Wulfenbach's highest-ranking advisers, they are ultimately loyal to the House of Heterodyne, and so follow their own agenda. Unknown (as far as we know) to the Baron, the Generals sent at least one team of Jägers into the field to look for a Heterodyne heir. They also knew, and concealed their knowledge, that Agatha Clay was in fact a Heterodyne, and that she was by the Spider Clank. General Zog if they could engineer a match between Gilgamesh Wulfenbach and Agatha Heterodyne, but General Khrizhan seemed to understand that asking Agatha outright at that point would be a little premature.
The Three Generals whom Agatha initially met stayed on Castle Wulfenbach until circumstances caused them to relocate to Mechanicsburg.Mamma Gkika is a well-respected Jägergeneral, who remained separate from the other three known Generals.While Khirzhan, Zog, and Goomblast did their own thing, she remained behind in Mechanicsburg where she has secretly provided treatment to injured Jägers.
Upon the ringing of the Doom Bell, she and her charges emerged to fight for Lady Heterodyne.
Mamma Gkika has implied there may be more Generals besides her, and the other three. When Tarvek was brought before the Generals, who had gathered to meet the new Heterodyne (due to tradition). Tarvek revealed there used to be eight Jägergenerals. Seven now, after General Øsk died fighting a Doom Wyrm of the Polar Ice Lords. Generals Khirzan, Zog, Goomblast, and Gargantua are there but three are missing.
The Generals, who had been having a bit of fun with Krosp, gloomily agree that Tarvek should be facing all the Jäger Generals. Miss Gkika is out protecting the new Heterodyne, General Zadipok is actually missing (breaking tradition), and the last is a tricky one. A keeper of secrets that only the Heterodyne should know, and until the Other is gone from Agatha he will stay that way. General Zadipok's absence is troubling to those native to Mechanicsburg and anyone who knows that Mechanicsburg tradition is taken very seriously. Missing from the inauguration of the new Heterodyne means Zadipok is dead, or a traitor to the new Heterodyne.
Interestingly enough Krosp is with the Generals, and wearing a hat. Although the hat is very humiliating for Krosp, he does sit with the Generals around a table when the Generals are introduced to Tarvek. Implying that Krosp is also a Jägergeneral, or an honorary member.
The known Jägergenerals are apparently all stuck in Mechanicsburg when the baron activates his time-stop device, possibly Zadipok and the eighth General included (they have yet to show up,so they must be in Mechanicsburg, still in hiding, or dead). Consequently Dimo has had to step up and serve as acting general with his new arm, and . Dimo didn't want the job, but for some reason everyone kept going to him with their problems, so the job is his.
Four Generals and a catEdit
- General Khrizhan: No hat.
- General Zog: tarboosh?, wears a Fez without a tail. That is a tarboosh, right?
- General Goomblast: metal cap.
- Mamma Gkika: wayyyy too scary to be called General Mamma Gkika, and wears a tall shako.
- The Red Oni / General “Gargantua”: Plumed and billed cap, colored black and adorned with a Heterodyne symbol.
- General Zadipok: Missing in Action, or a traitor. If so, may his hat burn.
- General Øsk: RIP. The Doom Wyrm got his hat.
- Unknown: General Spooky is the “tricky” undercover one. The most likely current candidate is Higgs and his sailor's cap, with Boris, Jorgi, a person that looks like an extremely old Jäger with aged hair between Zola and Tiktoffen, or an unknown Jäger as other possibilities.
- Dimo: If he keeps his position, after the other generals get out of time stasis. Wears something similar to Gargantua, albeit colored green with an added pair of goggles. Later wears a sailor captain's hat. How do you steampunk a Fez? Crossbreed the popular Fez with a more modern army world war 1 era aviator hat.
- Krosp: As a joke they gave him a pathetic hat, but still let him participate in the war council making him an honorary member, or a new general. The fans have too little info to continue this line of speculation.
- Captain Vole: The side effects of being removed from the Mechanicsburg stasis bubble have biologically matured him into a general.