The Collections Edit
In chronological order, the collected material in trade paperback (and limited edition hardback) is:
|Collection||Vol.||SP||TP||Visual Page Count||Extras|
|Circus of Dreams||IV||114||128||
|Voice of the Castle||VII||117||128||
|Chapel of Bones||VIII||123||136||
|Heirs of the Storm||IX||128||144||
|Siege of Mechanicsburg||XII||176||---||
The titles of all the volumes in the Girl Genius saga begin with the phrase Agatha Heterodyne and the .... This initial phrase has been omitted from the titles in the table above to save space.
SP = Story Pages: These page counts are for the pages devoted to the story. Introductory/copyright pages and pages of extras (bonus material) are not counted.
TP = Total Pages: All pages in a volume, including introductory/copyright pages and pages of extras.
Visual Page Count: A bar graph representing the length of each volume in pages. The blue section represents story pages and the green section represents the remaining pages. The total length of the bar is proportional to the total length of each volume.
Extras means that there are additional pages of art or story before or after the main Girl Genius episode contained in the volume.
As of volume XII, there are at least 1503 pages in the story of Girl Genius (in the graphic novel format).
Other Editions Edit
In addition to issues 1-13 of the original comics, still available at comic stores and the like, there are:
- Girl Genius: The Secret Blueprints, Volume One
A PDF-format full copy of the out-of-print introduction-cum-reference; also known as Issue #0.
- The Girl Genius RPG, also called Secret Blueprints, Volume Two
This is a work in progress and will be released after the current storyline comes to a stopping place; it will be published by Steve Jackson Games.
- The new Girl Genius Color Omnibus Vol. 1: Agatha Awakens
A Hardcover and full color version of:
- The Girl Genius Omnibus Edition #1
A black-and-white smaller-size reprint of Beetleburg Clank, Airship City and Monster Engine.
- Volumes I-XI at DriveThruComics.com
The same shop carrying the Secret Blueprints - authorized PDF versions of the books.
- Othar's Twitter
Although Othar's Twitter is only on-line and not in hardcopy print format, it is nonetheless a spinoff of the main series.
- Girl Genius: The Works
The Works is a strategic card game with character designs from very early on, providing some tantalizing glimpses into what may yet come to be in the storyline.
- ↑ Since volume XII has only been published online so far, the exact count of story pages for the printed version is not known, although it will almost certainly be at least be one more than in the current online version. Unless a new page is inserted between the second and third double page spreads in the dead-tree edition of volume XII, the third spread won't print correctly.