Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The use of the indefinite article may, in itself, lead one to suspect that he is not referring to a woman named Madeline. In fact, a madeleine is a sort of small cake made in a special baking tin that gives it a distinctive scalloped shape, and which is intermediate in texture between angel food cake and a sponge cake (as is used in common layer cakes and the like).
- 1/2 lb. cake flour
- 1/2 lb. sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat (standard un-modified) oven to 340 degrees.
- Melt 1/2 pound butter over hot water (or by microwave or a Death Ray on Low).
- Sift flour and sugar into bowl.
- Add 5 eggs, stirring well to blend (possibly with automated stir clank).
- Add melted butter from step 2 and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Let stand about 1 hour.
- Pour batter into buttered madeleine pans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
Modified from Cooks.com