Maxim is one of the three wild Jägermonsters who help Agatha and friends in all manner of combat situations (combat, after all, being what Jägermonsters are good for). He is the one with a purplish complexion and small but prominent fangs. He's also the one who contributes his hat (Jägers prize hats greatly) to commemorate the passing of the late Lars. Maxim, along with Ognian and Dimo, seems to answer directly to Jenka. He is the most resigned of the group and speaks less than the other two Boyz.
He uses a sword in battle, augmented by some sort of prosthetic arm/glove. Official reports state that he was formerly a cavalry officer. Maxim claims to have neverbefore but that doesn't stop him from wanting to teach Gil . He likes looking at .
It may be that Zeuxippe, the grand-daughter of Ol' Man Death is attracted to Maxim. In the last panel , Maxim is walking away from Ol' Man Death's shop, and in his hand is a note, reading Call me, and signed with the letter Z, probably Zeuxippe. A fan has written a follow up story. Visit the Jaegermonstern dating guide.
At San Diego Comic Con 2008, one lucky fan (dressed in a fantastic Maxim costume) got the chance to sit down with the Professors and have a Q&A about the character and about Jägers in general. She kindly passed along the answers. Some things we learn about Maxim are...
- The Foglios never decided what Maxim's
was. It just .
- However, his has two normal hands, suggesting a glove instead of a prosthetic replacement.
- His also shows his bare arm exposed while hanging, supporting the idea.
- Maxim was born when Phil Foglio drew a funny sketch of a bishounen Jäger to entertain Kaja. She loved it so much, she insisted on making him a regular character in the comic.
There's a chance we may see a mini comic about Maxim getting a new hat! Said mini comic can be viewedFalse alarm, the .real story can now be .
- At 250-300 years old, Maxim is the youngest of the the wild Jäger trio.
- In the Cinderella holiday story Maxim makes a pretty and for the princes' attention with .