Music in the Story Edit
Music has been used in the story in several ways. First, the obvious (entertainment): there are operas; the circus has a music master and a calliope; etc. Also, Agatha retrofitted the wagons of the Circus into a Battle Circus controlled by the Silverodeon's music.
The canon makes several references to music.
- the Heterodyne sparks' characteristic Heterodyning
- a hive engine queen can issue commands to her warrior wasps via
- music in Paris, including the at the Island of the Monkey Girls
- the Vienna Mechanikopera
- The Jägerfräulein at Mamma Gkika's, both above and below ground.
- The castle occasionally stops talking and provides a musical interlude. the composer is Tympanus Heterodyne.
- Several characters are musicians:
- Various clanks play music:
Styles of music Edit
Music similar to real-world European classical music is likely widespread within the universe, given the reference to Parisian and Viennese opera. Also, an organ figures prominently in the story; organ repertoire is closely associated with classical music.
Music as a motif Edit
Perhaps musical ability associated with the Spark?